Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Buckler Fall 2010 & Thiago Santos





New York Fashion Week is always an adrenaline rushing adventure for me, this year has been no different. Schlepping around in the snow from show to show,gawking at all of the fabulously dressed attendees, meeting new people, & the icing on the cake seeing those that you admire firsthand! If you're an avid reader here at Nuvany Nice then you will know my infatuation with brazilian Model Thiago Santos! Of course Thiago is extremely handsome, but I adore him even more for his historical feat of being the first black model featured in a Dior ad campaign(OK TRUTHFULLY THATS ONLY HALF THE REASON :)). I was very disappointed that he was not cast for any shows in Milan last month, but that's  a discussion I will tackle later.

Last Friday I unexpectedly got the opportunity to attend the Buckler Men's presentation & to my surprise Thiago was one of the models cast for the show. Designer Andrew Buckler unveiled an amazing collection inspired by Jack Kerouac's book On The Road, which in a nutshell chronicles the characters many journey's and metamorphosis. It was immediately apparent to me that Mr. Buckler marches to the beat of his own drum, which in this day in fashion is always a breath of fresh air. Buckler referenced the 1950's beat generation which celebrated the uncanny alternative to rules of the norm.  Dense washed twill chinos, worn leather bomber jackets and my fav the drop crotch selvage denim are just a few of the key pieces incorporated into the line.












Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

14 comments:

  1. that first guy is adorable i mean super fine! amazing collection i love buckler <3 fur trim on the second outfit was icing on the cake very unexpected. not to mention gray looks beautiful against his dark chocolate skin wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY BABY!!!!!
    I was just about to do a post on the shows Thiago was in this season, lol.
    Oh, and did I tell you about the American Eagle Times Sq billboard and campaign he just landed?!
    ::sigh::
    Mama so proud.
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your take on fashion week. so personal and different. thiago is indeed gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See now your going to have to hook up a formal introduction for me with Thiago & no I didn't know about the AE billboard will def. look out for it. You will now be my go to person for any Thiago related news :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am a total fan of Buckler, I love the edgy but tailored looks & the models arent too sore on they eyes either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! who is that brotha in the first picture smiling like a million dollar!!! damn!!!!! does he come with them clothes too?! shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK I just re-read your blog, and lawdddd Thiago Santos is his name, mmmmm mmmm YES HENNY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YASSSSSSS THIAGO IS THE BRAZILIAN TRUTH :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should def come hang out with us one day =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. you sure have an eye for great eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I would love that, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh don't get me started on Thiago, can't wait to see how much he will progress this year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails