Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Artist Alert: Q & A With Chris Hobe





Q: Do you have any formal training? At what age did you decide to pursue a career in art & did your upbringing nurture or play a role in your decision?

A: No formal training, I majored in Art my first year in college but my teachers were not into the style of my work urban/street influenced by Graf. I started my career in art when I was 28 I wanted more from my life and did not want to depend on a company for a pay check when I could be out selling my work on my own and creating non-stop. My parents are both artist by nature and they showed me that anything is possible when you utilize your talent and passion for your work.

Q: What do you find most challenging as an emerging artist?

A:The most challenging aspect of being an artist is the fact that you get knocked down a lot and it is how you get back up and continue to do what you love that makes you an artist. Anyone can create a piece of art but an artist is someone who creates and makes people believe in his or her work.

Q: Describe a typical painting session with Chris Hobe?

A: A typical session starting @ 9pm-2am is music playing @ all times LOUD (classic rock, reggae/dub, hip hop, funk) incense burning, paint all over the place (clothes and everything), no boarders or boundaries, my garage/studio is covered from wall to wall with paint cans and art. Never standing still at any point in time always moving feeling the music as my inspiration that fuels the passion and soul in each piece. Sometimes I will get up the morning after a serious session and not even realize the piece that I did the night before!

Q: Are there any newer or past artists that you admire or are inspired by?


A: Artist that influence me are my Mother and Father, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollack, Van Gogh, Goya, Futura, Shepard Fairy, Bansky, and Kaws.

Q: What do you want people to perceive when they look at your work?

A: I want people to feel the passion and soul that is put into my work. Each piece adds to ones soul. You can look at any of my pieces and it will enlighten you and put a smile on your face.







Visit the  Artistic Revolutionary blog to view more of Chris's work or drop him an email at souloriginals78 [at] yahoo.com for any inquiries!

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

5 comments:

  1. Wow...these are amazing. And a self-taught artist, no less?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes he's def. underrated, but not for long :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! i really love this artist's work...thank you for introducing him to me. i will definitely be keeping an eye out for his work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting the blog Gale, great seeing you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good writing. I am glad your posting that. I hope you can accept my apology for my less good English Skills, I am from France and English is sort of new to me. I will bookmark your blog and keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails