Monday, November 9, 2009

{Fashion.} My Style: A few of MY Favorite Things

afewofmyfavthingscollage

As much as I love fashion, I do not pride myself on putting things together well! Don't get me wrong, I don't think I go out looking like a slump but lets just say its a work in progress :). I always find great things, but incorporating them cohesively into an outfit is sometimes a challenge for me. Here are a few of the accessories that I'm loving right now. So this post is a bit of a challenge for you readers. Give me some advice on how your would pair the items above w/an outfit. All suggestions are welcome, and just incase you need a visual body type here are my stats. I'm about 5'5, 130 lbs., measurements 32-27-36. I look forward to hearing all of your advice :)!

1. Mossimo faux leather motorcycle jacket

2. Converse for Target faux pebbled leather foldable clutch

3. Vintage Earrings

4. Vintage Ring

5. Vintage Capezio Oxfords

6. Vintage Bracelet

7. Batik Scarf

p.s.s  I may just have  surprise for my fav. response :)!

6 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nuvany Ni'ce, Nuvany Ni'ce. Nuvany Ni'ce said: On Nuvany Ni'ce:My Style-A few of MY Fav Things! http://bit.ly/26JeYM [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie! For someone who struggles styling outfits, you have amazing taste in the individual pieces. You realize that, so you know you have a good eye. I think you just need inspiration to help you find what your style is.

    If someone asks you who are your inspirations or icons, you should have an answer. Not because it's cool to have but because the style of your icons and ppl who inspire you contribute to the parts that make up your whole style.

    Next, I think one important thing about personal style and just getting dressed, is that there are certain things about your style that are constant and personal to you.

    From the pieces you've selected, maybe you wear those shoes with anything (as it's not really a color that you try to match). Or maybe you always wear that ring on your right index finger!

    For the belt, it's amazing! I think it would look great with dresses or billowy tops. But maybe dresses aren't your thing. Or maybe you prefer distressed and vintage tees.

    I think after you scout your icons and inspiration shots (street style, looks from collections etc) and then you should pin point what category best describes you: bohemian, classic, minimalist, preppy, glamorous or a mix of a few.

    In identifying that, you have direction in how to put your pieces together. The same pieces can yield different looks depending on how they're styled:

    A long dress with a tassel necklace and gladiator looks boho as opposed to the same long dress with a structured navy blazer and riding boots. Now it looks equestrian. Know the image you want to convey.

    LAST THOUGHT: Think of getting dressed as a photo shoot and you're the model! Have fun with it.

    Hope this helps!!!
    s
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social comments and analytics for this post...

    This post was mentioned on Twitter by nuvanynice: On Nuvany Ni'ce:My Style-A few of MY Fav Things! http://bit.ly/26JeYM...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, you have great continuity in all of these pieces. I'm sensing that you have a good stock of neutrals and like a bold piece to complement it.

    For these in particular, I'd play off a simple tee and jeans. Top it with the jacket and add in any combo of the accessories. The palette you've chosen includes a lot of complimentary colors (turquoise blues/coraly oranges), so they will work together in one outfit. I particularly like the scarf with the shoes and the ring & earrings together for a day look.

    The bracelet I would do with a glitzier top under said leather jacket with the earrings. Maybe some heels. Nice for going out.

    Oh, and that clutch goes with any and everything. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that ring is amazing!!! id wear the leather w a maxi dress n boots for winter :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails