Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Artist: Wim Vandersleyen

Untitled22

I was drawn to these prints on canvas by artist Wim Vandersleyen because of the colors and the contrast. My personality is the same very extreme at times not too much in the middle, I'm working on that :). But in certain instances like these works of art ,the result is beautiful. The brown bamboo-esque background meshes perfectly with each design. The first one above takes me back to when I had dreadlocks, oh how I miss them! And as a lover of music, you can understand why I dig the speakers. Oddly enough the final print reminds me of my trip to Hawaii and visiting the Dole Factory eating the most amazing pineapple ice cream I've ever tasted. Everyone has different interpretations or memories when looking at art, I think that may be part of the beauty! Each piece is available for purchase here!

Untitled23

Untitled21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails